youthinasia

I've lived in Asia for almost 7 years and never recorded anything that has happened to me or taken any photographs. It is like I have never existed. this blog aims to remedy that. I may even buy a camera!

Thursday, January 10, 2008











So Happy New Year everyone!



Back at work now after a great trip to the Philippines with Gracie. Did some flying which waas good and spent some quality time with some like minded people.



This admittedly low quality vid is a camera capture of Grace and I heading back South after a night in San Fernando. Was a but concerned by this flight as i hadn't flows as Pilot In Command (PIC) for 6 months. Took all the checks extra slow however and as soon as I was airborne everything soon came back.



We had a 30 minute window to land at San Fernando as the runway is closed fo construction work till 5 PM and then sunset is 530 ish. Pulled off a reaasonable landing off over the construction so was quite pleased despite a bizarre swerve on rollout...guess not used the brakes for a while...






Grace looks quite relaxed in the photo so I guess thats not a bad sign.



the trip back involved some "bridge buzzing" and "formation flying" with Moray in 8833 and Fog in 391 which was good fun.





Got the cahnce to fly right hand seat with Fog in 8833 and pulled a better landing off at Omni than my last attempt from this seat.





New Year was the usual crazy affair with too many explosives. I can confirm that all eyes and digits are still attached.



Played some golf which was good. I shot a 46 on the back nine which is a great score for me.

Anyway. Good to see Kano and Lee had a good festive season...thought Lee's blogging days were over..."Lee rarely blogs!!!!". Haha

It looks like I'm grounded over Chinese New Year as I've just dropped the taxman a wad...sigh.

:(

Grace is off to the province to see the family in March. I'll head down later and hook up with her in Angeles when she gets back. Shit...who's going to iron my shirts / do the cooking / CLEAN THE FLAT...???

Well. At least the new indian restaurant in Mui Wo is looking good. By the time Grace gets back I'll be riding on the roof of the MTR to get about. Can I say that? hehe. It IS my blog.

That's it I guess. Except to wish you all a very Happy New Year.

Best,

Mark

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you too, Marky Mark! xxx

5:56 AM  
Blogger Mum - Yours said...

That was an imposter! This is me! Glad you had a good time and managed to keep the tax man happy too x

7:48 AM  
Blogger Joep said...

great show Mark. Can't think if I have ever seen you concentrating SO much. When can you take me out - I would love it. And, yes, Grace looks very relaxed so you must have been doing i tOK.

Catch up soon

12:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

G;day Mark from the drought Capitol of Western Australia .
Congrats on getting some hours lawfully in the log book .
Grace looks happy & well so well done there also.
Beers still in the fridge down here and road kill stew awaits
Hope 08 brings you the rewards & cash flow you require :)

Cheers for now

4:30 PM  
Blogger Mark in Hong Kong said...

Cheers Phil,

No excuse for me not to liberate a few beers from the fridge with both Tiger and Jetstar offering such cheap deals.

have a great one mate and love to Kay.

Cheers,

mark and gracie

6:36 PM  
Blogger Mum - Yours said...

oh yes like the landing and the little chuckle!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, you are a big jobby!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Mum - Yours said...

no - not me of course!

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update your blog, big boy!

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home