youthinasia

I've lived in Asia for almost 7 years and never recorded anything that has happened to me or taken any photographs. It is like I have never existed. this blog aims to remedy that. I may even buy a camera!

Friday, October 26, 2007

15.6

That is how far we can glide from 10000 feet. On Sat 3rd November Mark Slayton, Fog and I are off on an aviation fest. Were off down towards Borneo in a 172. At furthest we will be over 100 nautical miles from landfall...and we can glide 15.6...But thats what aviation is all about and I look forward to the craic. We are already discussing the best way to ward off sharks if we do go down. Fog will talk finance so i guess sharks will recognise him as one of their own. Mark S is american so I guess a carrier and 5000 seebees will look after him! Me...I'll just shit myself....and I think thats the best for avoiding sharks!

Anyway...photos will be ace and posted when i have them...

We are taking 391 which is the fastest and coolest aircraft omni have till next month when the Seneca 2 arrives. After that I'll be eating rice with Gracia until i get twin rating.

Assuming all goes well I'll post pics next week

Best

Mark

15 Comments:

Blogger Kane Davidson said...

Nice to see an update.
Look forward to the pics when you post them.

Regards from Tokyo.

P.S.
This YouTube clip can give you some flying AND shark advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_B_n-Rbros

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting Mark but why couldnt you just take up stamp collecting!!! I would worry less. Anyway stay safe and swim fast!!!

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mark.....I've seen the pictures and I heard all the last news from Joep! You're looking good Mark...getting old...but still looking good!!!!
I'm glad everything is fine and I hope that you will visite us one day.it will be great to see you in Groningen!!!!
A big hug,
Bernadette & Peter

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Joep said...

go away Alan, your comments are NOT funny NOR appreciated

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joep - I think you will find that last comment was not posted by me, so stop being so stroppy.

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, hope you have a good weekend flying, stay safe and look forward to pics. Alan that WAS you!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Writing inane comments on Mark's blog is sooooooooooooooooo immature.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Joep said...

hope it all goes well. Wish I was there with you...............

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chill out, folks!

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark. Wayne here waiting for pic's

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time for an update, Markie Warkie.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats was not me by the way Mark!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh!!

I do like a nice dry hump now and again.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are cool, man.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home