youthinasia

I've lived in Asia for almost 7 years and never recorded anything that has happened to me or taken any photographs. It is like I have never existed. this blog aims to remedy that. I may even buy a camera!

Monday, March 05, 2007





This weekend was flying time again and Stef and I were off on another solo overnight RON (remain over-night) flight up to San Fernando.
First stop - Lingauyen airstrip. Nasty crosswind and tree induced windsheer always make this a tricky bugger. I was number one and made a passable landing in tricky conditions.
The locals played chicken with Stefs aircraft and he almost bagged on on touchdown...really. It was captured on video so I'll post that later on the school server for your entertainment.
the bottom picture is a group of students I met who were touring the airstrip with their teacher. They clambered eagerly into the aircraft before i remembered i'd left the keys in the ignition..dooh.
Then it was off to San Fernanfo for a beautiful, long approach into runway 01. 4/10 only for the landing but not to worry...hehe.
Spider (yes really) owns the resort next to the runway on the beach. He picked us up and when we got to the resort it was packed with pilots. word had spread. Should have been Stef and I only in two Cessnas. Eventually 8 aircraft filled the ramp...very unusual for san Fernando and 11 pilots in total were checked into Spider's resort.
You can imaging the craic. First class.
As you can imagine...Stef and I didn't cherish the flight back next morning but it had to be done. Omni now have to contend with a bridge and a raised lighting pole bang in the middle of the approach to 02. Its painted orange so we can at least see it before we hit it! Flew a much higher approach than normal and came all the way in in a steep glide. Pulled a pretty short and damm fine landing off and was hard on the brakes. Lock / unlock all the way down but achieved A3 taxiway despite the clouds of dramatic cloud smoke. Hehe. More weekend pics to come plus the link to Stef's landing vid. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my favourite son and I love you more than Kane.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sound exciting stuff, what a good life you have!!!! As I have said before, I love both my sons equally!!

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home